6-hour Crock Pot Chili
Brown the first three ingredients with a little oil in a pan or two.
- 4-6 lbs shredded Chuck roast
- several Tablespoons of Garlic powder
- 1 red onion, diced
- Drain off the fat, then mix EVERYTHING in your crock pot.
- Put the crock pot on High
- 16 oz or 14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 qt) water
- 1 pkg brown gravy mix
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 4 TB Cajun Seasoning
- 2 TB ground Cumin
- 1 TB Oregano or Italian Spices
- 1 TB Paprika. This is mostly for color
- 1 TB vinegar
- 7 oz can diced green chilies
- Juice of a lime
Cook all this for at least four hours. If it's not thick enough, thicken it with flour or cornstarch; if needs to be thinned, add water.
Serve with diced onions, shredded cheese, and tortillas or tortilla chips.
Send a review to the webmistress