Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 box Pillsbury pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces and cooked completely with 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oven to 425 and prep pie crusts as directed on the box in a 9 in. glass pie pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add the onion, cook for 2 min. stirring frequently until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually add broth and milk, cooking and stirring until thickening and bubbling
- Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust lined pan.
- Top with second crust, using a fork to press the edges together.
- Cut several slits into the top crust for ventilation.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Cool and serve. Makes 6 servings.
Send a review to the webmistress